Broadening networks in Japan and with other countries through pharmacy
Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences promotes diverse academic exchange in Japan and with other countries, for the purpose of developing pharmacists with a multidisciplinary perspective, realizing more advanced research and educational activities, and contributing to society through pharmacy.
Exchange in Japan
Three-university academic exchange
Kansai University, Osaka Medical College, and Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences align and cooperate for more vigorous exchange
Three-University Medical, Engineering and Pharmaceutical Sciences Symposium
Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences has concluded an agreement for academic exchange with Kansai University and Osaka Medical College. The three universities have promoted vigorous exchanges based on this agreement. One of the activities under this initiative is a research titled “Establishing an Educational System for Aligned Medical, Engineering and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Returning Benefits to Society—Human Understanding from the Molecular to the Societal Level,” which was applied by Kansai University as the representative school, with Osaka Medical College and Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences as partner schools, for the “Strategic University Alignment Support Program for More Enhanced University Education 2009,” organized by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. This research was successfully adopted for the program, and has further reinforced the three-university alignment.
Wide-area university alignment
Establishment of an Advanced Human Resource Development System for Clinical Medical Engineering and Informatics through a Wide-Area University Alignment
A wide-area university alignment was applied in a research titled "The Establishment of an Advanced Human Resource Development System for Clinical Medical Engineering and Informatics through a Wide-Area University Alignment" for the "Strategic University Alignment Support Program 2008," organized by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. This research was successfully adopted for the program, and is aimed at establishing an educational system for "clinical medical engineering and informatics" as a new interdisciplinary domain, through the collaboration of private and national universities. This project is represented by Mukogawa Women’s University, and partnered by Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Osaka Electro-Communication University, Kansai University, and Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Academic exchange with pharmaceutical associations and hospitals
Contributing to the enhancement of educational and research capabilities, and to the development of local and international communities
Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences is promoting exchange and collaboration in all areas of educational and research activities, local healthcare service, and so on. Toward the goal of contributing to the mutual enhancement of educational and research capabilities, and to the development of local and international communities, the university has concluded agreements for academic exchange with the associations listed below:
- Ibaraki Pharmaceutical Association
- Takatsuki Pharmaceutical Association
- Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases
- Takatsuki Red Cross Hospital
- Takatsuki General Hospital
- National Hospital Organization Osaka National Hospital
Exchange with other countries
Exchange agreements with overseas universities
Agreements for academic exchange have been concluded with the University of Queensland, Taipei Medical University, and Srinakharinwirot University
In November 2004, Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences concluded an agreement for academic exchange with the University of Queensland, Australia, as a part of its initiative for international exchange (the agreement expired in April 2015). In November 2012, the University also concluded an agreement for academic exchange with Taipei Medical University, through which mutual exchange has been promoted among students, through joint research projects, among faculty members, among high-level pharmacists in the graduate schools of pharmacy and in other related institutions, and in other areas. In February 2015, an agreement for academic exchange was also concluded with Srinakharinwirot University in Thailand. These global initiatives are aimed at contributing to the development of creative pharmacists and pharmacologists with a global outlook, which is also a goal of the University itself.
* The University of Queensland is located in Brisbane, the capital of Queensland, in the northeastern part of Australia. UQ is one of the major educational and research institutions in Australia, one of the largest universities in Queensland, and the university with the longest history and tradition in Queensland.
* Taipei Medical University is located in Taipei, in the northern part of Taiwan. TMU was founded in 1960, and comprises seven schools (Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, etc.) and three hospitals. It is one of the major healthcare universities in Taiwan, and was ranked among the best 100 universities in Asia by Quacquarelli Symonds Ltd. in 2012.
* Srinakharinwirot University is a Thai national university based in Bangkok, Thailand. It was established in 1949, based on a national normal school for the development of teachers. It is ranked highly among Thai national universities, and is set to develop further in the coming years. It is now a university comprising a wide range of academic systems.