History of the University

1904 Osaka Doshu School of Pharmacy is founded in Dosho-machi, Higashi-ku (now Chuo-ku), Osaka.
1908 Campus relocates to Minami Kyutaro-machi, Higashi-ku, Osaka.
1920 Campus relocates to Oaza Abeno, Tennoji-mura, Higashinari-gun, Osaka.

First graduating class of Women's Department of Pharmacy, Abeno Campus
1924 Women's Department of Pharmacy relocates to Aza doi, Moriguchi-cho, Kitakawachi-gun, Osaka
1925 Dosho Women's College of Pharmacy is founded. Name changes to Teikoku Women's College of Pharmacy.
1932 Campus relocates to Oaza Kawai, Kitayashimo, Minamikawauchi-gun, Osaka.
1949 Name changes to Teikoku College of Pharmacy and co-ed program is begun.
1950 Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences is established.
1953 The new library was completed.
1964 Enrollment increases to 720 students.
1968 Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences is established.
1975 Pharmaceutical Research Doctorate Program(MS) is established.
1976 Enrollment increases to 960 students.
1984 Pharmaceutical Research Doctorate Program(PhD) is established.
1995 Enrollment of Graduate School Pharmacy Doctorate Program increases to 60 students.
1996 Campus relocates to Nasahara, Takatsukishi, Osaka.
1999 Pharmacy attached to Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences opens.
2002 Clinical Pharmacy Doctorate Program (MS) is established.
2004 Department names change to
Department of Pharmacy and Department of Life Pharmacy.
Enrollment increases to 1200 students.
Enrollment of Graduate School Pharmaceutical Research
Doctorate Program increases to 80 students.
2006 Department of Pharmacy (6-year program) and Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences (4-year program) are established.